Learning and Development Specialist / Recruiter
Working closely with and under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, you will have a key role in the recruitment of the best talent and the continuous development of highly knowledgeable staff. You will lead the full cycle recruitment process, plan and coordinate detailed onboarding plans, and develop and coordinate all internal and external training. Other responsibilities include HR related administrative tasks as assigned. The specific focus will be in the area of e-Learning development, delivery and external/internal training coordination.
Learning and Development:
- You will be CGU’s Structural Engineer for the ongoing development and delivery of our e-learning and knowledge management platform.
- Collaborate with CGIS Subject Matter Experts to create/build courses, workshops, e-learning modules, resources, etc. to support employee learning and provide ready access to information across the organization;
- Monitor/measure effectiveness of learning & development initiatives;
- Maintain a training database for all CG employees and
- Coordinate external and internal training.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Post, source, screen, attract and present suitable candidates for vacancies;
- Use the ATS to manage the search process, create a pipeline of candidates for future positions to meet strategic plans and good budget management for each search;
- Source candidates using all professional sources available.
- Become a respective CGIS ambassador internally and externally by being professional, personable and knowledgeable about CG’s business and needs.
- Effectively manage external recruitment support, permanent and temporary;
- Coordinate CG’s participation in career fairs and other networking/ sourcing events;
- Be resourceful and stay tuned with changes in best practices;
- Work with Leads/Manager to establish, track and follow up on solid, personalized onboarding and training plans for all new employees;
- Coordinate onboarding processes including all initial documentation & set-up; Enroll to benefits plan and administer changes;
- Participate in the coordination of employee special events as required;
- Build strong, trusting and respectful working relationships with employees at all levels;
- Make recommendations for improvement and develop processes for best efficiency.
- Be responsible for the integrity of learning and HR-related information internally as assigned; Process HR data in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management preferred with a Learning & Development or Instructional Design focus;
- CPHR designation or working towards would be an asset;
- 3-5 years related Human Resources experience, ideally in an industrial/technical setting is an asset;
- Training and instructional design experience, delivering on a variety of topics; solid understanding of adult learning principles and training needs analysis required;
- Proficient with course authoring software (Articulate Storyline) and LMS administration;
- Experience implementing instructional strategies, curriculum standards and assessments is an asset;
- Full cycle recruiting knowledge/experience; a solid track record using an established recruitment process comprised of thorough screening, behaviour/competency based interviewing, assessments & testing, and an strong ability to source solid and suitable candidates who will stay for the long term;
- Outstanding planning & organization skills, attention to detail, an aptitude for learning, ability to build strong working relationships, sound judgment and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with a high degree of initiative;
- Intermediate level skills of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and a good understanding and experience using ATS & HRIS systems;
- Strong data management skills to assist in maintaining the integrity of HR metrics;
- Strong evidence of the ability to deliver outstanding customer service; the ability to handle employee inquiries and information with tact, discretion and confidentiality;
- Creativity, out of the box thinking and a drive for results is required; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CGIS is a place where you can grow your skills and your career. We proudly offer competitive salaries, company paid benefits, RSP matching program, 3 weeks’ vacation, Sunny Friday’s/Monday's, professional development and profit sharing.