This position reports to the Operations Manager and COO and is responsible for being the first contact between CGIS and customers, vendors and the general public, representing CGIS in a professional and personable manner in addition to providing administrative assistance to the COO.
- Reception Duties: Answers and triages telephone calls to appropriate contact person, greeting visitors, and responds to general inquiries. Processes, handles and distributes incoming/outgoing mail, packages & faxes.
- Maintenance of office supplies and point of contact for office cleaning/janitorial contract.
- Document Preparation and Management: Format and edit letters, memos, reports and presentations from draft stage to client-ready work. Use independent judgment to compose general, non-technical business documents. Is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials. Follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents. Prioritizes, manages, and communicates deadlines/action items.
- Time and Calendar Management: Establishes a systematic method to independently manage multiple calendars by scheduling appointments, anticipating needs, changes, and rearranging meetings as appropriate.
- Meeting Coordination:Coordinates and makes arrangements for on-site and off-site meetings and events including logistics (e.g., communication, location, meals, equipment, materials, RSVPs, and travel.).
- Travel Planning:Coordinates cost-effective and sometimes complex travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Client Relationship Management: Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business and client needs.
- Managing any other administrative projects as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma in Business Administration or a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior administrative/secretarial level position.
- The demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Clear understanding of basic office practices
- Effective time management skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Pleasant telephone manner with proactive communication and listening skills to determine needs of callers and team members.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including tact and diplomacy, and demonstrated ability to make decisions within prescribed guidelines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, superior multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Works Efficiently:Allocates one's own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities; well-organized and detail-skilled; meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Communication: Conveys information clearly and effectively through various media; drafts communications appropriate to the receiver that have the desired effect; actively attends to and conveys understanding of others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions; is patient in hearing what others have to say.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates customer needs and takes action to meet the needs of both internal and external customers; responds quickly to customer inquiries; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking: To think clearly and rationally; the ability to explore a problem, question or situation; integrate all available information and arrive at a solution or hypothesis and then be able to justify or substantiate that position.
- Adaptability: Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity, is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Builds Relationships: Develops effective give-and-take relationships with others; understands the agendas and perspectives of individuals and/or groups; approachable and open to the views of others; a rapport builder.
CGIS is a place where you can grow your skills and your career. We proudly offer competitive salaries, company paid benefits, RSP matching program, Cost Plus Program, Sunny Fridays/Mondays, professional development and profit sharing.